Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the DTV Converter

OK, I am set for DTV in February! I was beginning to panic.

I had ordered and received my DTV coupons some months ago. But I put them in the "drawer". Finally, I heard an announcement about the government was running out of coupons. And that the coupons had an expiration date.

I checked my expiration date and it was January 14th. Not a problem, right? The three Walmart stores convenient to me was out of the converter. And they did not know when they were coming in again. OK, I was shocked. I had coupons but no converters were available.

This morning shortly after 8 am, I started calling all the Walmart stores in the Indianapolis area. At the fifth store, they had some converters in stock. I went across town immediately.

As I walked to the electronics section, I saw a lady with two converters on her way to the cashier. As I approached the shelf, I dashed in front of an older lady. Luckily she only wanted one converter because that's what I left on the shelf for her.

Thanks to God, I did not have to feel guilty all day!

No comments: