Thursday, December 18, 2008

Learning from two High Schoolers

Part of Congo Helping Hands' mission is to promote awareness of the plight of the Congolese people. We want to educate the public.

Today, I got two letters (typed and on paper) from two students who attend the International Academy of Macomb (Michigan). At first, I thought it was letters from some I knew. But I have not gone by "To Whom It May Concern" or "Dear Congo Helping Hands" ever.

I was surprised that they wrote a paper letter versus connect with us over the internet or Facebook. Anyway, I found one of the letterwriters on Facebook and sent an electronic message back. I will follow up with a paper letter soon.

Until they mentioned it in their letters, I had not heard of Guns Germs and Steel.


Guns Germs & Steel: About the Book. Guns Germs & Steel PBS: "Guns, Germs and Steel

First published in the United States by W.W.Norton and Company, on March 1 1997, Guns, Germs and Steel was initially subtitled ‘The Fates of Human Societies.’ Within a few months, this subtitle had evolved into ‘A Short History of Everybody for the Last 13,000 Years.’

Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for non-fiction, the Rhone Poulenc Science Book Prize, along with three other international literary prizes, Guns, Germs and Steel has been translated into 25 languages and has sold millions of copies around the world."

No comments: