Monday, November 17, 2008

Apologizing for Waking up James after Midnight

I got the following email from James this morning. "Bishop and I would both prefer text messages a little earlier please. Midnight to 1 AM a little late to be hearing that tell tale beep ;-) Of course we always get up and answer because we know it's the lovable Woody. James"

James is an American living in Kananga, DR Congo. This part of Congo is 6 hours ahead of the US east coast. I had to apologize for sending him a text message at shortly after 6 pm in the US. Therefore, he received in just after midnight.

I should have waited until morning here (afternoon in Congo) to send my urgent text message. I was responding to their request for another friend's telephone number.

Below, James at work in his computer training center at the Catholic High School in Kananga.

No comments: